What's this "Not Here to F*ck Spiders" business, anyway?
Updated: Aug 13
Hello world! Welcome to the blog, called "Not Here to F*ck Spiders". Why that phrase? Because it's a genius Australian slang call to action. It means we're here to get down to business. No bullshit, no fluff, no sugar-coating. Just straight talk and practical advice on how to find success in business and life.
That's what this blog is all about. I'm going to share with you tips and insights I've learned from more than 15 years of expertise and experience. Specifically, from the field I call Service-Network Leadership. This is based on the work I did in my own career and the insights I picked up while I worked with Po Chung. Who's Po? Well, he's legit. Total legend. He was a crucial co-founder and designer of DHL, the global courier.
What's Service-Network Leadership? In short, it's a way of thinking and acting that helps you create value for yourself and others by leveraging the power of networks. That's the clunky way of putting it. The simple way is to say it's all about changing your mindset.
Networks are everywhere: in your company, in your industry, in your community, in your personal life. Networks are groups of people, and by being great in a network, you get a key to unlocking opportunities, solving problems, and getting results. Or, to put it even more plainly, Service-Network Leadership is about getting the best mindset when working with others, without having to f*ck spiders. So to speak.
Service Network Leadership is not about being a good boss or a manager. Instead, it's about powerfully connecting with others to inspire trust and meaningful collaboration.
Through these posts, I'm going to share the principles, practices, and tools that will help you transform your mindset. I'm also here as a guide, coach and consultant. It's what I've been doing since 2006. So post your questions, argue with me, use your critical independent thinking. I'm here for you.
We're not here to f*ck spiders. We're here to:
- Learn how to leverage the power of networks to create value for yourself and others.
- Develop the skills and mindset of a leader who serves others by connecting them to the right resources, information, and people.
- Learn how to build trust, better partnerships, and create innovative solutions.
- Learn how to create a culture – what we call a "habitat" – of excellence, learning, and growth.
- Help you find success in business and life.
This blog is not for you if you prefer to hang out with spiders. That is, if you:
- Prefer to stick to the status quo and avoid change.
- Think you know everything about networks and don't want to try anything new.
- Don't care about helping others.
- Don't want to challenge yourself or grow as a person.
If you're still reading this far, awesome. Thank you! I see you're also not here to f*ck spiders either. You're here to get down to business and so am I.
So let's get started by subscribing to this blog and get ready for some inspiring content.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you and seeing how far we can push these ideas – your success is just waiting to be ignited.
Have a great week! - Ran